There are two ways to get admission to Andhra University:
- Through entrance exams: Andhra University conducts entrance exams for admission to some of its courses. The most important entrance exam is the Andhra Pradesh EAMCET, which is conducted for admission to UG and PG courses in engineering, technology, and management. Other entrance exams conducted by Andhra University are:
- AU-PGCET: For admission to PG courses in arts, science, commerce, and other disciplines.
- AU-B.Ed.CET: For admission to B.Ed. courses.
- AU-M.Phil./Ph.D. Entrance Exam: For admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs.
- Through merit: Andhra University also offers admission to some of its courses based on merit in the qualifying examination. The qualifying examination for UG courses is the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2). The qualifying examination for PG courses is a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline.
The admission process for Andhra University is as follows:
- Check the eligibility criteria for the course you want to apply for.
- Apply for the entrance exam, if required.
- Appear for the entrance exam.
- Wait for the results of the entrance exam.
- If you are shortlisted based on the results of the entrance exam, you will be called for a counseling session.
- In the counseling session, you will be allotted a seat based on your merit and the availability of seats.
The detailed admission process for each course can be found on the Andhra University website.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind for the admission process to Andhra University:
- The admission process may change from year to year. It is advisable to check the Andhra University website for the latest admission process before applying for admission.
- The admission process may vary for different modes of admission, such as regular, lateral entry, and distance education.
- The admission process may also vary for different colleges affiliated to Andhra University.